The Children's Ministry at First Christian Church exists to SERVE families in this church, community, and the body of Christ. We are committed to TEACHING Biblical values and principles to the children we come in contact with as well as their families. We want to EQUIP children and parents to become disciples and to PREPARE them to live out the Great Commission and take the "Good News" to others.
- You're child's security matters to us. Each child must be checked-in by a parent at THE STATION before being dropped off at one of our programs. You and your child will recieve corresponding number tags. It is important that you keep your tag with you so that you can show it to your child's teacher when you pick your child up.
- The number is also used for our silent paging system. If your child needs you during the program, you will see his/her number appear on the monitor in the main auditorium.
- Background checks are run on every adult volunteer to ensure your child's safety.
- Our clergy and ministry leaders are trained mandatory reporters.
The nursery ministry strives to provide a safe and enjoyable atmosphere for your child.
- The nursery is for birth - 18 months-old and is offered during our 8:00 a.m., 9:30 a.m., and 11:00 a.m. services.
Toddlers and Pre-Schoolers
Our toddlers and pre-schoolers are placed in age appropriate learning environments where they are taught Bible stories and engage in activities with their peers.
- 18 months-3 year-olds will be in the Toddler class for the 9:30 a.m. service and the 11:00 a.m. service. ***We do not offer toddler classes during the 8:00 a.m. service.
- Potty-trained 3 year-olds through Pre-K will be in the PreK class for the 9:30 a.m. service and the 11:00 a.m. service. ***We do not offer clases for this age group during the 8:15 a.m. service.
K2 Elementary (K-2nd Grade)
- Sunday - 8:00 a.m. - No K-2nd grade program available.
- Sunday - 9:30 a.m. - K-2nd graders gather to learn God's word by exploring the chronological Bible story.
- Sunday - 11:00 a.m. - K-2nd graders gather for energetic worship songs, engaging games, an interactive Bible lesson, and small group discussions. This program is designed to help kids grasp Bible basics and faith application.
Preteen (3rd-5th Grade)
- Sunday - 8:00 a.m. - No 3rd-5th grade program available.
- Sunday - 9:30 a.m. - 3rd-5th graders gather to dive deep into God's word for a strong foundation of Bible knowledge. This takes place in a classroom setting.
- Sunday - 11:00 a.m. - 3rd-5th graders gather for energetic worship songs, engaging games, an interactive Bible lesson, and small group discussions.. This program is designed to help preteens take ownership of their faith.