The Children's Ministry at First Christian Church exists to SERVE families in this church, community, and the body of Christ. We are committed to TEACHING Biblical values and principles to the children we come in contact with as well as their families. We want to EQUIP children and parents to become disciples and to PREPARE them to live out the Great Commission and take the "Good News" to others.
- You're child's security matters to us. Each child must be checked-in by a parent at THE STATION before being dropped off at one of our programs. You and your child will recieve corresponding number tags. It is important that you keep your tag with you so that you can show it to your child's teacher when you pick your child up.
- The number is also used for our silent paging system. If your child needs you during the program, you will see his/her number appear on the monitor in the main auditorium.
- Background checks are run on every adult volunteer to ensure your child's safety.
The nursery ministry strives to provide a safe and enjoyable atmosphere for your child. In addition, we strive to instill the concepts of sharing with others and caring for one another. During the 9:30 a.m. service your child will be taught a simple and fun lesson from the Bible by our fantastic teacher.
- The nursery is for birth - 2 year-olds and is offered during our 8:00 a.m., 9:30 a.m., and 11:00 a.m. services on Sundays.
Toddlers and Pre-Schoolers
Our toddlers and pre-schoolers are placed in age appropriate learning environments where we teach your young one about the Bible and allow them to stretch their legs at the same time. Children will be welcomed by their teacher, enjoy some fun activities, and then receive a lesson from God's word.
- 2-3 year-olds will be in the STEPPING STONES class for the 9:30 a.m. service and the 11:00 a.m. service. ***We do not offer toddler classes during the 8:00 a.m. service.
- Potty-trained 3 year-olds through Pre-K will be in the BUILDING BLOCKS class for the 9:30 a.m. service and the 11:00 a.m. service. ***We do not offer clasees for this age group during the 8:15 a.m. service.
Foundation Rock (K-3rd Grade)
- Sunday - 8:00 a.m. - No K-3rd grade program available.
- Sunday - 9:30 a.m. - K-3rd graders gather in the Foundation Rock area to dive deep into God's word for a strong foundation of Bible knowledge. This takes place in a classroom setting.
- Sunday - 11:00 a.m. - K-3rd graders gather in the Foundation Rock area for energetic worship songs, fun games and skits, an interactive Bible lesson, and small group meetings designed to help them apply what they've learned to their lives. This program is geared to help kids get a solid grasp on Bible basics.
PowerUp (4th - 6th Grades)
- Sunday - 8:00 a.m. - No 4th - 6th grade program available.
- Sunday - 9:30 a.m. - 4th-6th graders gather upstairs to dive deep into God's word for a strong foundation of Bible knowledge. This takes place in a classroom setting.
- Sunday - 11:00 a.m. - 4th-6th graders gather upstairs in the PowerUp area for energetic worship songs, fun games, challenges, and skits, an interactive Bible lesson, and small group meetings designed to help them apply what they've learned to their lives. This program is geared to help this age group take ownership of their faith.
Faith @ Home (for the family)
We believe that home is the best place for leading kids to know God. Parents and guardians are far more influential in the lives of their kids than church leaders are. So, our goal is to partner with parents and equip them to do the best job possible at raising their kids to know God. One way we do this is through a program called Faith@Home.
Each year we have several F@H events. Each event is tailored to children of a certain age AND their parents. During these events, we equip parents with a specific faith skill to use in leading their kids, we practice it together, and then we send the families home with a tool to help them succeed with it. These events take place during our 11:00 a.m. service.
Example faith skills: Family prayer, Family devotions, Family accountability, etc.